Tuesday, November 28, 2006

50 CENT STIRRED BY DEATH THREAT IN IRAQ

Tough guy rapper 50 CENT was given another sharp dose of his own mortality during a trip to visit US troops stationed in Iraq last year (05) - when one soldier told him he was in danger. The IN DA CLUB hitmaker, who has been shot at nine times, admits he was treating the trip to the Middle East as just another show until he realised he could be bombed to bits in seconds. He explains, "I had an opportunity to perform for the soldiers in Iraq when I went on tour for (film) GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN'. As soon as I got there, a guy said, 'Listen, I'm not gonna bulls**t you, you can die today.' "At first I thought, 'Why did I even come here?' At the end of that experience the people that got to see me perform may be the last thing they see; the last time they enjoy something before they go out tomorrow to fight - and some of them may not come back, bottom line. "You have 55 members in your platoon and tomorrow comes and you got 47, and then 30 members in your platoon and they come in and fill your barracks again." 50 Cent used his experiences of meeting troops in Iraq for new movie HOME OF THE BRAVE.

No comments: