Saturday, December 30, 2006

States With Worst Roads

Still plodding through the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina over 15 months later, Louisiana has displaced Pennsylvania as having the worst roads in the nation. Never having taken the top spot in the worst roads category, Louisiana is no rookie to the top five on the Highway Report Card, a survey conducted by Overdrive Magazine.

Truck drivers state that I-10 alone is bad enough to qualify Louisiana for the "worst roads" crown; but the rest of the roads are not much better. Hurricane Katrina left nearly everything in its wake a complete disaster in southern Louisiana, but neighboring Texas seems to have fared much better.

Texas was voted number one for not only the best roads but as having the best car drivers and best rest stops of any state as well.

On the negative side, most of the 400 respondents to the survey agreed that road rage increased along with traffic in 2006.

See the categories and results below:
Sources: PRNewswire, OverdriveOnline


Worst Roads by State
Top 5 worst roads:

1. Louisiana
2. Pennsylvania
3. California
4. Illinois
5. Michigan
Best Roads by State
Top 5 best roads:

1. Texas
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. Georgia
5. Virginia
Worst Interstates
Top 5 worst interstates:

1. I-10 Louisiana
2. I-80 Pennsylvania
3. I-40 Arkansas
4. I-5 California
5. I-40 Oklahoma
Best Interstates
Top 5 best interstates:

1. I-40 Tennessee
2. I-20 Texas
3. I-75 Florida
4. I-75 Florida
5. I-81 Virginia
Worst Drivers
Top 5 worst drivers:

1. California
2. New York
3. Illinois
4. New Jersey
5. Florida
Best Drivers
Top 5 best drivers:

1. Texas
2. Montana
3. California
4. Wisconsin
5. Tennessee
Worst Rest Stops
Top 5 worst rest stops:

1. Texas
2. New Jersey
3. California
4. Louisiana
5. New Mexico
Tough Law Enforcement
Top 5 toughest law enforcement:

1. California
2. Ohio
3. Virginia
4. Pennsylvania
5. Texas
Weak Law Enforcement
Top 5 weakest law enforcement:

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. West Virginia
5. Nevada

No comments: